Spybot Search & Destroy
Spybot Search & Destroy is a tool to assist network administrators meet the malware challenge. Spybot Search & Destroy is designed to target and clean unique infections by automated functions, as well as offering the ability to provide preventive methods toward stopping future infections. Spybot S&D provides:
detection and removal of a multitude of adware, spyware and malware files and modules;
* a means to clean program and usage tracks;
* automated and manual methods to securely shred files and modules chosen for removal to ensure their elimination from your system;
* methods for advanced users to fix system internal registry inconsistencies related to malicious program installations;
* and utilizes an integrated update technology to ensure that Spybot S&D always has the most current and complete listings of adware, spyware and malicious program detection available.
- Resources -Speed boost-ups
Spybot-S&D should work noticably faster than previous during scans.
- Resources -Improved tools
Tools section offered in advanced mode – the process list now offers a list of open network connection per application (Windows 2000 or newer only), helping you to quickly identify which applications are local and which do use connections to the outside.
- Resources -Improved Detection
Detection mechanisms have also been updated, from detecting and cleaning services over protocol filters to the afore-mentioned scanning in inactive installations registries.
- Resources -First native multi-installation scanner
On PE boot CDs as well as on any system with multiple installations of Windows 2000 or later, Spybot-S&D is able to scan the other installations as well, including the registry. From what we know, Spybot-S&D is the first anti-spyware solution that offers inactive registry scanning as a native feature.